
Hello all,
Well something quite large has happened with my day job.
I am now an IRATA level 3.
IRATA = Industrial Rope Access Trade Association.
After 6 years of working in the oil and gas industry as an electrician on the ropes I have gained the experience and worked my way up to become a working at height safety supervisor.
It certainly makes the job more interesting and has opened up lots of opportunities.
I know this is a photo-blog and readers who follow me will know that from time to time I post some more personal things,
But on a photography note, if there are any photographers who need help with shooting something different and from a different perspective, I can help out and we can achieve your goals… safely.

Level 3 (Supervisor)
The IRATA Level 3 certificate is the top level in the IRATA certification scheme. The Level 3 takes on the role of Team Leader, Safety Supervisor, Rescue-man and Rigger. Thus far IRATA rope access has an impeccable safety record, this is largely due to the quality of Level 3's in the field.
A level 3 Safety Supervisor shall:
• Be capable of complete responsibility for work projects
• Be fully conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation
• Be able to demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques
• Equipment selection, inspection, care and maintenance
• Operational planning and risk assessment
• Team Management and responsibilities
• Hold an appropriate current First Aid Certificate, to show they have undertaken suitable emergency First Aid training. (First Aid requirements vary from company to company)
No comments:
Post a Comment