Friday, 2 October 2009

Magic Cards.

I have seen many pictures with playing cards recently and so wanted to try it out. Naturally with my own spin.


The people who know me, know I often have a deck close by, just so I can bore show you "Lee's Amazing" card trick,
oh it's a winner 
if you havnt seen it, you are missing out!


The idea of this shot is simple, set up the camera onto the timer.. I then flick the cards and "Click"..... job done...
Why do things always seem so much easier on paper!


What actually happened, was that I wanted a pop of flash, to sharpen it up. Im sure I can, but I couldn't seem to fire off multiple exposures and flash each time. So what ended up was I would set the camera up, take one shot, reset the cards and keep going.


To get the timing right was a nightmare, either to fast or too slow and so I needed to think of something else.
I managed to catch a shot where a couple of cards are coming out of my hand. It lacked that impact from having lots of cards. So what I came up with was, the idea - I would stand behind the camera and throw the cards in-front, whilst pressing the shutter and use photoshop to merge these layers together.


Here is the final shot, plus a shot of the cards being thrown.


No comments:

Post a Comment